What we do?
ITE designs and manufactures electrically powered construction equipment that provides a flame free alternative to traditional equipment which uses LPG.
Epot - electrically heated compound heater - for melting Hot-melt, bituminous based compounds.
Etorch - electrically powered torch - for drying all types of roof decks and activating self- adhesive roofing systems.
Ebucket - electrically powered insulated bucket - for keeping the compound at temperature when melted for distribution to the point of use.
The equipment functions through the connection to a 32amp or 63amp, 3-phase power supply.
A 3-phase power supply is an electricity supply found in most commercial and many larger residential buildings.
Three-phase power provides three alternating currents on separate conductors. These alternating currents increase and decrease at different times within each alternating current cycle to produce a more constant and consistent voltage than single-phase systems.
3-phase power systems most commonly use three phase conductors and one neutral wire.
3-phase power can help run loads more easily and is absolutely required for heavier electrical loads, whether it’s a large office building or a factory. It is commonly found on construction sites.
Always consult a knowledgable person on site about the availability of 3-phase power!
Should a 3-phase power supply not be available our equipment will work from a 32 KVA generator which are available in a road towable format. Imperial Thermal can point you in the direction of suppliers of suitable generators.
What makes it work? Electricity!
Zero emissions for a sustainable future!
First of all let’s consider how the current but obsolete roofing equipment and processes are impacting on the environment.
• 40% of all emissions globally are from the construction industry
• 11% of these come from materials and processes such as roofing
• Around 40million M2 of single use plastics from torch-on membranes are burnt in the UK every year - enough to cover over 7500 football pitches!
• For every 1Kg LPG burnt = 3Kg CO2 released
• At least 200,000 tons of CO2 are released by roofing activities alone
• Add to this the excessive energy consumption of current equipment - in use its only 50% effective. You waste as much as you use!
• These are unsustainable industry practices.
Imperial Thermal Engineering produces a range of equipment which addresses these environmental impacts whilst providing a unique unrivalled experience, that is not only highly efficient but also cost effective.